Pay your vendors quicker with the fast check option. Fast checks are sent in 3 business days via FedEx, instead of USPS’s usual delivery time of 5-7 business days.
How can I make a fast check payment on the Melio app?
You’ll have the option to make a fast check delivery when scheduling your payment deduction date. Here's how:
- Make a payment for a new or existing bill as usual.
- In Send as, select Paper check.
- In Deliver By, you’ll see two options for check delivery, each with an estimated delivery date. You can select via FedEx ($20.00 fee) or via USPS ($1.50).
Note: Want to change your deduction date?
The payment deduction date is set to today by default. Tap Edit deduction date to change when you want the payment to be deducted, and then tap Set dates.
- Tap on the date labeled FAST to select the FedEx delivery option. This option has a rocket icon.
- Tap Continue.
- In What’s it for?, tap Add. The memo is printed on the check, so you can add the invoice number or anything to help your vendor identify the payment.
- Slide to pay.
How do I track the status of my fast check payment?
In order to track your payment, you’ll need FedEx’s tracking number. We will have access to the tracking information the day before the delivery date.
Contact support the day before the delivery date you requested and we'll provide you with FedEx’s tracking number.
NOTE: Support’s response time
Response time may be up to 48 hours as we receive the information from FedEx's system.
Why can’t I see the fast check option?
There can be a number of reasons why the fast check option is not available for your payment:
- Your business is based in Texas or Vermont.
- Your legal details are missing.
- It’s a recurring payment.
- The check address is a PO Box.