Don’t have your vendor’s payment delivery details or not sure how they want to receive payments? It's easy to ask them straight from the Melio app.
- Make a payment for a new or existing bill as usual.
- You’ll be asked how your vendor prefers to get paid. Select Let my vendor decide.
Note: Vendors verified delivery method is already chosen
If your vendor has a preferred delivery method as part of Melio’s Network or has chosen Single-use Virtual Card (SUVC) as their delivery method, you won’t be able to change it.
- Add your vendor's email address and phone number (optional). Tap Save.
- In Send as, tap Continue.
- In Deliver By, you’ll see the estimated delivery date.
The payment deduction date is set to today by default. Tap Edit deduction date to change it, and then tap Set dates.
- You’ll see a note letting you know by which day your vendor needs to provide the payment details in order to get paid on time.
- Tap Continue.
- Complete your payment as usual.
NOTE: How will this affect delivery time?
- Payment delivery time depends on when your vendor fills out their details. Once they do, you’ll receive an email notification with an estimated time of delivery, which is usually 5-7 days for a check and 3-4 days for ACH bank transfer.
- When submitting a payment to a vendor for the first time, it may take a bit more time to review the payment. Make these in advance to avoid any delays.
NOTE: Does the payment details request link expire?
The link remains valid for 7 business days. If your vendor does not send their details, the payment will be canceled and your bill will be moved back into Unpaid. You’ll receive an email notification.