You applied for installments on Melio and received a notice “Your request is being processed”. What does this mean?
What happens now?
Credit Key needs to verify a few more details to make sure your business is eligible for installments. There could be a number of reasons for that:
- They don't have sufficient or correct information from the application.
- There may be a typo on the application.
- Further documentation is required to validate the business.
- There was an issue with pulling your credit report.
How long does it take to get a decision?
The review process takes up to 48 hours. Credit Key might contact you for additional information in order to approve your application.
When the process is complete, Credit Key will email you with the credit decision.
Is the decision final?
- If the business is approved for installments with Melio, the decision will change only if the business’s finances change (For example, a previous repayment wasn't paid on time).
- If the business is declined, you can reapply for installments again in 6 months.
Will this affect my credit score?
No, the application process includes a soft credit pull that has no effect on your credit score.
Can I continue making payments with Melio?
Yes! You can continue making payments with Melio like you always do.
As for this bill payment, you have 2 options:
1. Save and pay later- You can keep the bill until you get the final decision. If the request will be approved you can pay it in installments then.
2. Pay another way- If you want to pay it now you can change your payment method. If the bill amount is too high, try making a partial payment or use your credit card to defer the payment to the next billing cycle.