When you get paid through Melio, your incoming payments are synced back and get automatically reconciled in Xero.
Here’s how the sync between Melio and Xero works:
- You create your invoices in Xero.
- Invoices and contacts are synced automatically from Xero to Melio. Not the other way around. This is a one-way sync.
- On Melio, you can then send payment requests to your customers for these invoices.
- After the payment requests are fully paid, they sync back from Melio to Xero, where they’re marked as paid.
There are a few cases where a sync isn’t possible:
- Invoices that were uploaded/added manually in Melio.
- Invoices that were paid through your Melio payment link and not through a payment request.
- Invoices that were paid by a different method other than Melio. Make sure to mark these invoices as paid in Xero. This will automatically reconcile them in Melio as well.