Combine multiple bill payments to the same vendor into a single payment. This allows for easier reconciliation and saves you time and money on transactional fees.
This article shows you how to:
SPECIAL NOTE: Melio is getting a fresh look.
This won't affect how you used to do things, only the way to get there. Customers will get the revamped look gradually to ensure a smooth transition. It might take a while before you see it.
When applicable, this article shows all options. Check out the "Table view" if you’re using the new look. Otherwise, follow the steps of the “Original view” option.
If you’re using the new table look follow these steps. Otherwise, continue reading.
- Go to your Pay inbox and hover over a bill until a checkbox appears.
2. You can now select several bills from one or multiple vendors.
3. Click Continue to scheduling (X) to pay these bills. The number of bills is in brackets.
TIP: Scroll to see a bill’s details
On the right side of the screen, you can scroll left or right to see each bill’s details. Check the details are correct before scheduling your payments.
4. Next, you’ll see a payments table. To combine payments to the same vendor, you can find Multiple payments to same vendor above your table. Toggle on Combine into one.
NOTE: Default position of toggle is off
Each time you want to pay multiple bills to the same vendor in a single payment, you’ll need to toggle on Combine into one.
5. Click Show X bills to see a breakdown of the bills for that vendor and Hide bills to hide them again.
1. Go to the Vendors tab.
2. Select a vendor with more than 1 bill. Click Pay balance.
3. In Scheduling X payments review the bills. At the top, you can see the total amount and the fees.
4. Toggle on Combined payments to send all the bills in one payment. The number of bills included in this payment appears under the vendor’s name.
5. Click Schedule payments to finish.
Vendor’s reconciliation of combined payments
If you’re sending your vendor one payment for several bills, it's important they get an invoice breakdown for easy reconciliation.
For any payment delivery method, your vendor will get an email showing a breakdown of all bills that have been paid:
If you paid your vendor with a check, they’ll get the check along with a breakdown of all bills that have been paid: