Connecting your accounting software to your receivables platform will save you time, reduce errors, and simplify your entire AR process.
By syncing Melio Get Paid and QuickBooks Desktop, you can:
- Eliminate the need to register receivables on more than one platform
- Import invoices from QuickBooks Desktop to Melio, along with corresponding customer information
- Make sending payment requests fast and simple
- Automatically reconcile incoming payments
NOTE: Changes made to invoices in Melio will not sync back to QuickBooks Desktop.
A computer that runs on Windows 10 with the latest service packs installed
One of the three latest versions of QuickBooks Desktop
Currently not supported:
QuickBooks Desktop remote hosting services
Need more info? Read all about compatibility requirements.
Here’s how to connect your Melio Get Paid account with QuickBooks Desktop:
Go to the Settings section in your Melio account and choose Accounting Software Sync.
Click the Connect to QuickBooks button under QuickBooks Desktop Sync.
When prompted to confirm the connection, click the purple Connect button.
Click the Download button and then click Next.
Once the download is complete, open the file and copy the license key that appears on Melio in your browser. Paste it into the relevant field in the Sync Manager and click Install. This step may take a few moments.
6. Launch QuickBooks Desktop and make sure you are signed in to your account as an admin.
7. In Melio, click the I’m signed in to QuickBooks button.
8. Go back to the Sync Manager and select your region (US). Then, click the Link with Melio Payments button.
9. In Melio, click the Next button.
10. Go back to QuickBooks Desktop. When prompted to grant access to Melio, select Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file is open and click Continue.
11. Confirm access by clicking Done.
12. The Sync Manager will now ask you to confirm the company you are logged into on QuickBooks Desktop is the one you’d like to sync with Melio. Click Yes to confirm.
13. Go back to Melio in your browser and click I’ve confirmed access in QuickBooks to initiate the sync.
NOTE: Two things to pay attention to in this step
Leave browser and QuickBooks Desktop open: Make sure to leave your browser and QuickBooks Desktop running until the sync is complete.
First sync can take up to a few hours: It depends on the amount of data stored in your accounting software. You’ll receive an email as soon as it’s done.
14. When sync is done, click Continue in Melio.
15. You’ll now need to match your bank details in Melio with those in QuickBooks for easy reconciliation. Click Select Account and choose an account from the list or add a new one and click the Link My Bank Account button.
16. You can generate invoices and attach them to your payment requests. Select Enable invoice generator to allow Melio use the information from QuickBooks, and click Continue.
NOTE: You can turn the auto-generated invoice option on/off in Settings, under Accounting software sync.
If you turn off the auto-generated invoice option, the itemized invoices that were created will be deleted from your Melio account (the customer information, amount and due date which were synced from QuickBooks will be saved).
This is what the invoice looks like: