You may find you have multiple bills waiting to be paid. You can schedule a payment for all unpaid and partially paid bills in one go.
Here's how to do it from your Melio dashboard:
- Go to your Pay inbox and hover over one of the bills you’d like to pay until a box appears.
2. You can now select multiple bills.
3. Next, schedule a payment for all these bills.
TIP: Scroll to see a bill’s details
On the right side of the screen, you can scroll left or right to see each bill’s details. Check the details are correct before scheduling your payments.
4. Click Continue to scheduling (x). You’ll see a table with all your payments.
Note: Bills to the same vendor
As the default option, bill payments to the same vendor will be combined into one payment. Toggle off Multiple bills to same vendor to undo.
Tips: Get the most out of scheduling payments
- Pay all your bills at once on a set date, or pay each bill on its due date.
- Sort the table by vendor name, deduction date, delivery date or amount by clicking on the column title.
- Select a payment method, deduction date and delivery method for each bill separately.
5. Ask a vendor to fill out their payment details if you don’t know their delivery method by clicking +Add method.
NOTE for errors:
You can’t schedule the payment if there is missing information for any vendor. To learn more about batch payment errors read this article.
6. Delete a payment that has missing information by hovering over it and clicking “X” .
7. You can choose to add a memo to every vendor by clicking the message icon.
8. Once all of your payments are ready to go, you’ll see the total amount to be paid and the total fees on the top right of your screen.
9. Click Schedule payments to continue.
10. Choose Notify vendors if you want to let your vendors know their payment is on its way.
11. Fill in the email address for the vendors you’d like to notify in the list. Click Save and notify.
Note: Email address
The email address is saved in the vendor’s contact details for future payments.
12. Click Go to dashboard to finish.
Your batch payment is on its way! You’ll get an email listing all the scheduled payments and relevant details.