This article will cover how to add vendors manually, which helps your payments get to the right place on time.
There are 2 ways to add a vendor.
How to add a vendor when creating a bill payment
1. Sign in to your Melio account.
2. Click Pay in the left sidebar.
3. Then click on + Add your first bill payment.
NOTE: If you’ve previously added a bill to Melio
If you’ve previously created a bill, click on +, then +New payment.
4. Select Add a bill manually.
5. Fill in the bill details.
6. To schedule a payment, click Save and schedule a payment.
7. You can also do this later by clicking Save and pay later.
8. The vendor is now saved to your contacts.
How to add a vendor in your Contacts
1. Click on Contacts in the left sidebar.
2. If your contacts list is empty, click Add vendors.
NOTE: If you already have contacts saved
Click on + , then + New contact at the top right.
3. Click Add a vendor.
4. Select Add a vendor manually.
5. Fill in the vendor’s details, then click Add a vendor.
6. Select the vendor’s delivery method or add it later.
A few notes about adding vendors
- You can connect your QuickBooks Online account and import the vendor information from any Open Bill item attached to that vendor.
- You can also add multiple vendors to your account at once by importing a CSV.