On the first time you’re scheduling a payment with Melio, you need to enter your business legal details. These include:
- Legal business name.
- Legal business address.
- Tax ID Number (only one):
- EIN (Employer Identification Number).
- SSN (Social Security Number).
- ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number).
- Tax ID number.
We’ll use this information only to verify your business. It will not appear on checks sent on your behalf, bank statements or emails sent to your vendors.
NOTE: Company information and legal details.
The legal details could be but don’t have to be the same as your company information.
How to enter your business legal details
Here’s what the screen looks like. Enter your details and click Complete and save:
Editing your company legal details
You can edit the legal details in your account.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Sign in to Melio.
2. Click Settings in the left sidebar.
3. Select Company settings.
4. Click Edit under Company legal information.
5. Edit the relevant details. Click Save to finish.