Melio is for US small businesses. But there are a few exceptions.
Melio is a solution designed to serve small businesses in the United States, including sole proprietorships. Therefore, virtually any business looking to pay other businesses for bills can use Melio.
What about Puerto Rico? Puerto Rico is legally a US territory. Businesses there can use Melio to pay and get paid by other businesses in the US.
Companies that can't use Melio
We're prohibited from working with businesses involved with any of the following:
- Gambling and related activity
- Multi-level marketing firms or any agents that represent them
- Sales of tobacco, marijuana, hemp, pharmaceuticals, supplements, nutraceuticals, or paraphernalia.
- Pornography, obscene materials, or any sexual/adult services
- Weapons, ammunition, gunpowder, fireworks, and any other explosives
- Toxic, flammable, or any radioactive material
- Gold, silver, diamonds
- Other goods and services subject to government regulation.
For more information on prohibited industries, please refer to our Terms of Service.