You can have more control over the access your firm’s team members have by assigning them to specific clients. This way, when they sign in to the firm’s Melio account, they will only see their clients and make actions you approved.
There are two types of team members:
Assigning an existing team member to clients
1. Sign in to your firm’s Melio account.
2. Click Team on the left sidebar.
3. Find the team member you want to assign from the list.
4. Click the three dots next to their name.
5. Select Manage clients from the dropdown list.
6. Select from the list the clients you want to assign to this team member by checking the box next to their names.
7. Set the role of this team member- accountant or contributor. Learn more about Melio's roles and permission.
8. Click Save and close to continue.
9. Next to the team member’s name, you can see the number of clients they were assigned to.
Assigning a new team member to clients
You can assign a new team member to clients when adding them to your firm.
1. Follow the steps to add a new team member to your firm’s Melio account.
2. When you finish filling in the new team member details, click Continue to assign clients.
3. Select the clients you want to assign to this team member by checking the box next to their name.
4. Set the role of this team member- accountant or contributor. Learn more about Melio's roles and permission.
5. (Optional) Set a bill payment amount for admins' approval.
6. Click Save and close. The new team member will get an email inviting them to your firm’s Melio account.
What happens now?
1. Your new team member is added to the firm’s Melio account. But with the label PENDING.
2. Once the new team member accepts the invitation, their name will appear like all the others, including the clients they were assigned to. Now you can manage their permissions.
3. You will also get an email notifying you that they accepted the invitation.
What should the new member do?
1. Here’s what the invitation email sent to the new team member looks like:
2. The new team member needs to click Accept invitation to be added to your Melio account.
3. After clicking Let’s go, your new team member will get into your account.
NOTE: What does the new team member see?
They can only see and have access to the clients and actions you allowed them.
Who can add members to the firm’s team?
Only the firm’s owner and admins can add members to the team.
If you have any questions, please contact us here.