Give different permissions to different team members in your business.
Many people work in your business. Every one of them contributes to your success. But not everyone in your team should have the same permissions on your Melio account.
Melio lets you assign different roles to your team members, and use your Melio account more efficiently.
What roles are available on Melio?
The person who created the account is the owner. The owner role has access to all the functions, including: approve payments, add/delete team members and assign roles to members. There is only one owner of a Melio account.
The admin role is similar to the owner with the exception of the admin can’t modify an owner’s user role. They can approve payments as well. There can be more than one admin of a Melio account.
We recommend assigning the accountant role to the business’s actual accountant. The accountant can edit bank details and connect to the QuickBooks account. But they need the approval of the owner/admin for payments over a certain amount. There can be more than one accountant per Melio account.
The contributor can only make payments up to a certain amount. They need the approval of the owner or admin for other payments. There isn’t a limit on the number of contributors to a Melio account.
Managing your team and assigning roles on Melio
Log in to your Melio account.
Go to Settings on the left.
3. Select Manage collaborators.
Add a new team member
Click +Add in the collaborators section on the right-hand side of the screen.
2. Fill in the details of the new team member.
3. Assign them a role: Admin, Accountant or Contributor.
4. Set an amount that requires approval, if selecting accountant or contributor.
5. Click Send invite when you’re done.
6. Your new team member will be added to the collaborators list. An invitation email will be sent to them asking to accept your invitation. The new team member will remain grayed out until they accept.
Delete a team member from your collaborators list
You can remove a name from the list, both before or after they have accepted your invitation.
Click the three dots next to the person’s name.
Select Delete user from the dropdown list.
3. Click Yes, delete this user to continue.
That’s it. You can reassign roles to your team members as your business grows and develops.